Ever since the heat wave last week, grilling has been my favorite method of cooking. Here’s another yummy recipe to keep the heat outside!
Gather your ingredients: Olive oil, Rustic Rub (recipe follows), beef, chicken, mushrooms, hot peppers, bell peppers, onion, yellow, squash, S&P.
Make 2 bowls of marinade to keep the raw meat separate. Whisk together olive oil and Rustic Rub.
Adding hot peppers is completely optional. Chop the peppers thinly and omit the seeds for less heat.
Add your meat and toss to coat.
Cover the marinade bowls and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Chop your vegetables into bite size pieces and coat with olive oil and S&P.
Toss to make sure all the veggies are well coated.
Assemble your kabobs. I alternated meat and veggies and used onions or peppers as an end for the kabob to keep everything from slipping off.
Lite the grill and heat to medium/high heat. Put the chicken over the higher heat because you want to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way though.
Turn the kabobs after about 5 minutes.
The steak finished cooking before the chicken, so I took them off the grill and let the chicken cook a while longer.
Looks delicious, doesn’t it? Make your neighbors hungry and make this for dinner tonight!
Paleo-Friendly Meals: Chicken and Beef Kabobs
Per Serving 272 calories
Fat 17 g
Carbs 14 g
Protein 19 g
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp Rustic Rub
- 4 hot peppers (optional)
- 2-lbs beef, cubed
- 1-lb chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 large onion
- 1 yellow squash
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 package whole mushrooms
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons cayenne
- 5 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
For the marinade:
For the kabobs:
For the rub:
- [For the marinade:]
- Mix 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons of Rustic Rub in 2 bowls.
- Chop the peppers and put 2 in each bowl. If you want less heat, discard the seeds.
- [For the kabobs:]
- Cube the meat and put them in their marinating bowls. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Chop the vegetables into bite size pieces and leave the mushrooms whole. Mix together in a bowl and coat with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Assemble your kabobs alternating between meat and veggies.
- Heat the grill on medium/high. Cook the steak kabobs for 4-5 minutes on each side and the chicken kabobs for 6-8 minutes on each side. Your cooking time will vary with the thickness of your meat.